What's Louisville Got to Do With It?
Welcome to the 2013 JVA World Challenge in Louisville! You've weathered the storms and it's time for a long, fun weekend of volleyball. Over the next 3 days, 650 teams from all over the U.S. and Canada will compete for a bid to the AAU National Championships. The top two teams in each division will earn a bid, how awesome is that?! The largest division is without surprise the 16 Club Division with 96 teams. Sports Performance has the most teams participating, hauling in 36 teams from Chicago.
Fun dance contests and photo ops at the Rox Store!
Let touch on some exciting and useful information for you to know the next few days:
- Have all the answers... download the JVA Dig In App! It's a FREE download for iPad, iPhones, iTouch and Android devices. Add to your library of Apps because you will find this one very useful this weekend: event info, contests, Louisville sightseeing and restaurants, discounts, and much, much more.
Did you know you can get 20% off your dining and entertainment just by showing your room key? YES!
Did you know that the club with the most downloads of the App can get a private room at the Expo Center or a set of 12 volleyballs? YES!
- There will be plenty of give-aways and fun activities for teams to participate in and all info will be posted on the FaceBook and Twitter @jrvbassociation so like, follow, share, forward, post, snag... (insert all social media lingo here).
- The AVCA/NCSA College Recruiting Combine was held this evening. All of the results from the combine will be shared with participating athletes and AVCA member college coaches who request to receive them. So far, over 250 coaches have subscribed to receive all athlete information and combine results. View photos here.
- Prior to the 8am wave on Saturday we will gather everyone together for the largest volleyball Harlem Shake! Get together with your team and plan your costumes and dance moves because it's going viral!
- Saturday is Dig Pink Day in support of the Side-Out Foundation's Dig Pink initiative. Wear your pink and help raise awareness in support of a great cause. We will be capturing the spirit and support through video, photos and contests all day long.
- LIVE WEBCASTING of the Championship Matches! Tell your family and friends back home that they don't have to miss the action.
- Coaches Aid is proud to partner with the Junior Volleyball Association to bring you LIVE internet broadcasts of each age group/division championship game at this weekend's 2013 JVA World Challenge in Louisville, KY. Each live broadcast is only $5 and will include commentary and on-screen score. In addition, DVDs of the broadcast games will be available in Coaches Aid DVD store on our website, coachesaid.com.To watch the games, go to coachesaid.com, register free as a member, and select the game you wish to view on the schedule at the bottom of the home page. You will be directed to purchase with your credit card through Google Checkout, a secure site, and then you will be watching LIVE volleyball from Indianapolis!
The broadcast schedule is as follows:12:00 pm: 13 Open, 14 Club Division, 14 Open Division Championships
1:00 pm: 16 Open, 15 Open, 18 Open Division Championships
2:00 pm: 17 Open, 16 Club Division Championships
3:00 pm: 10/11/12, 15 Club, 13 Club Division Championships
4:00 pm: 18 Club, 17 Club Division Championships
Results from the 2012 JVA World Challenge in Houston are available here.
Stay tuned to our blog for the highlights from each day and info on the next day's main events. Thank you all for participating this year and we hope you have a wonderful experience as players, coaches, and volleyball fans. Good luck to all teams!